Sunday, June 25, 2006

ok, this is my second shot on a real blog entry, as the first one was truly catastrophic, somehow causing my computer to completely self-destruct so that it has been completely unusable for the past two days. my fingers are extremely crossed that it will be fixable, as i was stupid enough not to back up any of my files or pictures, even after a scare last week. that's what makes me feel like i kind of deserve this. after the last time my computer crashed, i was like, i should just burn all this shit to a cd so i don't lose it, and then, out of sheer laziness, i never got around to it.
so anyway, along the same lines, i wanted to do an entry about shitty computers. not my shitty computer, but other shitty computers. i recently read an article in the Times about how Dell's sales have plummetted, and the executives are at a loss as to the cause of this devastating decrease in sales. i'll tell you why sales have gone down, Dell executives. IT'S BECAUSE YOU MAKE SHITTY COMPUTERS. i have firsthand experience with the shittiness of Dell computers, because i used to own one. that is, until it died exactly a week after the one-year warranty had expired. and i am not the only person i know to have experienced this exact problem. literally, i think Dell makes computers that self-destruct immediately when they are no longer responsible for them. and maybe at first they weren't like this. obviously, as Dell was first becoming the big name in PC's, everyone was talking about how high quality they were, and all the computers mags etc gave them excellent ratings. my theory is that once Dell realized they had enough fame to carry them for a while, they started filling their computers with sawdust and letting their customers deal with it when the damn things collapsed. Not cool. so when i read that article, i laughed. then i went back to my room and saw my much more expensive ibook in a state fairly similar to that of my Dell computer from a few years back, and i cried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home