Wednesday, October 18, 2006

i am developing a serious addiction, and it worries me. everyday for the past week, i have eaten at least six oranges that i bought at the local store. now, i know that oranges aren't a bad addiction to have, as addictions go, but i'm kind of worried that there will still be some dangerous effects. everything is bad for you in excess, right? but i really can't stop. i've always had a weakness for oranges, particularly in the winter season when they are soo delicious. and here, where i can get a bag of 12 for 50 cents, there is nothing to curb it. will i turn orange? will i get jaundice? or is that from too few oranges?
also, today when i got in to work, i was told that i was chosen to write one of the five little blurbs from staff members for this issue, which would be accompanied by my picture. hello! you do not tell someone their picture is going to be published in a (mostly beijing and shanghai but still technically) NATIONAL magazine without giving them at least a day's warning. therefore, City Weekend readers for the next two weeks will be lucky enough to glimpse a small picture of me in a t-shirt and dirty sneakers, no makeup, bags under my eyes, eyes bloodshot because i think they might be infected or something, greasy haired, grinning like a fucking idiot.
on a bright note, the photo session gave me the opportunity to talk to my new boss, who i really like despite the fact that she got the job i was applying for, leaving me with the internship making 9,000 yuan less a month and no health benefits. she gave me a job tip that i can do along with the internship, grading the british version of ESL exams for Chinese people. i'm hoping it works out, because then i will have some money.
sorry this entry is a little scatterbrained, i've been feeling that way a bit myself lately.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to be fair, i bet your dirty sneakers don't show in the picture.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

that's where you're wrong. it is a full, full body shot. if there was something below my feet, it would show that too.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know your orange addiction is of long standing. I remember several times that you ate oranges until your stomach rebelled. However, they are very healthy.
Can you send us the picture?

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home