Monday, February 22, 2010

After I come up with a joke that I think is hilarious, I like to google it to see if anyone has come up with the joke before me. This is incredibly ego deflating, and has led me to the realization that everything I think I discover has already been discovered before. But the thing is, it's not that I heard these jokes somewhere else and copied them, there just happen to have been other people who had the same idea before me. It's interesting to think how in a pre-internet world, to a large extent it didn't matter that someone had come up with an idea before you (especially little jokes that didn't get much of a laugh in any incarnation). I could have been running around thinking I was the cleverest person in the world. But now I must suffer with the knowledge of my mediocrity, or at least my lack of outstandingness. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home