Monday, November 21, 2011

Haha, I love how this guy lays out very clearly what sort of behavior is not acceptable from straight girls in gay guy bars, and then this idiot writing under the name Memily Bimble lives up to the stereotype in fine form.

"agreed with all of this 100% except the "No Bachelorette Party" rule. This kind of made me sad. What is wrong with wanting to catch a drag show at my local gay bar, and dance with my girl friends (and gay friends) without having to worry about being hit on/creeped out by some sweaty dude with a surprise in his pocket?"

[other commenter] "honey, if youre scared of sweat and boners---a gay bar isn't for you."
[this girl] "I'm not scared of the ones not directed at me!"

I don't have a jezebel account so I couldn't respond, but I just wanted all my readers to be aware of the kind of idiocy jaunting around on jezebel. A gay bar is a place where gay people go to try to meet each other. It is not a place for you to hide from penises! As the article emphasizes, of course straight people are not unwelcome at gay bars. But when a straight person is in a gay bar, they are not important. And they shouldn't be important. So I mean, something to keep in mind generally, but particularly seems pertinent in the case of a bachelorette party, which is by definition supposed to be about the bachelorette. So therefore, it should not be at a gay bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home