Thursday, November 15, 2007

i'm a bit hesitant to update my blog now, as i will have to write about the everyday mundanities of life in ny. which could well be more interesting to some than me writing a laundry list of the places i've been to. but it requires a lot more energy on my part. i'm still in the stages of building up my usa energy. or, i mean, building up productive energy. since i've been home, i've been enjoying a vacation-like state, eating and watching tv all day, and meeting up with all of my employed friends at night. things like updating my resume, trying to reach my contacts in the industry, and getting my haircut are kind of falling to the wayside. but my idea is that i should let myself enjoy this vacation time until i'm totally sick of it, so then i'll be happy to take whatever crap job i land. because i think that was part of the reason i was so miserable when i returned to my job in beijing; having spent the last few months traveling and visiting my friends at home, a job that had previously only made me moderately bored became quite hellish.
anyway, it is exciting to get back into the swing of things and see all the exciting things that are happening in this country- from what i can tell, the scriptwriters' strike and guitar hero. also, pretty much all my friends now live in a two-block radius in park slope. so i guess that's convenient. my parents are in the process of fixing up my basement into an apartment for me, which is going to be pretty nice though for now i'm back in my old room. i've got digital cable though, so i'm happy. also, my blog still seems to think i'm in china, because all my commands are still in chinese. oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home