Monday, June 11, 2007

Ah, home. it's been really great to be back. i can't believe that's its already been a week, meaning that my visit is almost a third over. well actually i don't have a ticket back yet, so i guess it could be less than a third over. i just got an email from my travel agent saying that of course i could get a refund on my original ticket- i just have to go to the police station to get a certification that i lost my ticket, collect the receipts for all my tickets, pay a bunch of fees i didn't understand, and then wait a year for the money to come rolling in. i know that i should do this, because a thousand dollars is worth it, but it really seems like a lot of trouble. i mean, what police station am i supposed to go to? chinese? american? and how will they certify that i lost my ticket? i hate air china.
my time back has been spent doing all my favorite activities.
eating- i've already gotten hot dogs from both papaya dog and nathans, pizza from my fave restaurant Fascati's (hell yeah carla of course i keep it real) and L&B spumoni gardens where the square never goes out of style, sushi, bagel with cream cheese, diner grilled cheese, and some other stuff.
seeing old friends- i believe it was my third night back, went to the beach with my high school buddies and found that our relationship is exactly the same as its always been. also, spotted a dolorian. then this weekend, my college friends visited, and we had an awesome time at coney island, and hitting up my fave lesbian bar for the night of the pride parade. also had a visit from mariel, which was great; although she does not truthfully belong in the "old friends" category, i thought it would look tasteless to make a separate "getting laid" category. oh also, went to see knocked up with liz and jenna, marking the first time i got drunk in a movie theater with my sister.
tv- my parents finally got digital cable, and so all my spare time has been spent in appreciation of this glorious development. yesterday i caught the entire Everest marathon, which is the most incredible documentary ever, and made me appreciate even more the fact that i've actually been to base camp! and all these people lose their fingers at the end, its craazy. Also, watched a degrassi marathon last night. i know some people might argue that i'm a bit old for a show about high schoolers, but that show is wisdom.
well, now that i've written about my three favorite things- food, friends, and tv, i have nothing more to say. oh, i'm having a party at my house saturday night if anybody wants to come. ohhh, i remember why i did this entry, i was going to include a few pics.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home