Wednesday, June 20, 2007

it's hard to update the blog while i'm home and not living a very scheduled life, and especially when i don't have 8 hours of doing nothing every day which are so nicely filled by blogging (yup, i spend 8 hours on every post. that's how much i care about my readers). well actually, it depends what you define as "nothing," because i have spent many days in the US enjoying my digital cable, especially once i learned how to record programs. but what do you want from me? my friends, being enterprising youths seeking to work their way up the ladders of their respective industries, spend their days toiling for the old buck. this conveniently leaves my days open for my pastime of choice, learning all the celebrity trivia that E! and VH1 can cram into my brain.
but actually, recent days have been spent much more entertainingly, as i had a visit from mariel and am now returning the favor by visiting the location of her summer residence, beantown. i was, i must say, prejudiced against the fair city for reasons that i am loathe to disclose, but i am rapidly reevaluating my initial dislike with at least an attitude of mild toleration. actually, the daytime here has been spent similarly to my time in new york, as mariel must fulfill the obligations of her summer internship by toiling in the laboratory until five o'clock. this has left me with little to occupy my time, as i have been too lazy to endeavor to understand the large number and variety of locks that stand between her dorm room and the great outdoors. i am reading a great book, however, which has taken up the majority of my time, and also, you may have noticed, colored the tone of this blog entry. it's called "My Lucky Star," by Joe Keenan, and is the third in a series of books that follow the adventures of a young playwright and his friends, in the style of PG Wodehouse. it is soooo good. but i grow weary of attempting to write like an old gay british man, so i'll stop.
what else? oh, i threw a party last saturday, which was amazingly fun and, if i do say so myself, hugely successful. it was great to see everyone i know all at once in one room, and to be lightly soused while it was occurring (okay maybe not so lightly). i also so company on friday night, and if you haven't seen it yet, run over to tkts and grab a ticket, because it is closing in july! and raul esparza was literally robbed on that tony. he gave an unbelievable performance. okay, that's all i have to say for now, sorry for being so scattered, and for failing to update you on ever meal i've eaten since i've been back in the US.

1 Comments:

Blogger the chef of restaurant 34 said...

he was robbed! damn it all! i love you raul!!!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home