Friday, September 01, 2006

i was recently sharing my amusement at the fact that there is a street near city hall that has aptly been given the beautiful and poetic name "People with AIDS Blvd," and i realized that not everyone has the same sense of humor as me. Other things that never fail to make me laugh: the term "pulling an Annelise," which is when you queef and it comes out a baby, and the facebook group that i had always intended to start but never quite got around to, "She Bangs, She Bangs" (a group for girls with bangs). I guess everyone has their own thoughts like this that they can pull out whenever they need a good laugh, and everyone's are painfully specific to their sense of humor. But, you know, I think it's good to appreciate them, cuz it's just like something you can always keep with you.
In other news, with less than a week left before i leave (flee) the country, i've come down with a cold. this is terrible for many reasons, the top few being- it has taken away my sense of taste, meaning that all the remaining hot dogs in the city will have to go unscarfed; it's made me very tired, meaning that i am unable to maintain my usually pattern of partying all night; it's made the intake of both legal and illegal substances particularly unenjoyable; and it's vastly decreased my chances of getting anyone to make out with me.
but nonetheless, please come say goodbye one last time at "The Magician" on Rivington St. on saturday, by which time i will have hopefully kicked this blasted cold, making it possible for me to engage once again in the aforementioned activities.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

plaza, amanda, plaza. people with aids PLAZA.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home